Mexican Cigars

Here are the Mexican brands that I have liked:

Te-Amo - mild-medium flavors
Veracruz - mild, spicy, usually in tubos
Santa Clara - medium with mexican-grown wrappers

Many brands also use Mexican filler tobaccos as well. Hopefully this helps!

A. Turrent, Te-Amo, Maticans, and I've heard a few good things Anniversery Te-Amo. All made by the Turrent Family.

The Te-Amo is the ultimate working cigar, they burn excellent even in the rain, extremely durable. Remember Cuban tobbacco originates from Mexico. Alot of people tend to downplay Mexican Cigars but they are a standby for many and a famillar brand.

I've had a Turrent before, it was decent. Other than that, I've never tried nor heard of any other Mexican cigars.

The Te Amos arent too bad, I have a box of Toros Ive been going through, kinda hit and miss with the burn and with the flavor, hornitos if you want, pm me with your addy and Ill send you a few.

The Mexican wrappers (maduros) are outstanding!

If you're in the market for an el-cheapo bundle, grab a 25-pack op El Mejor Espresso's on C-Bid.... Let them sit for a few months... And you wil be DELIGHTED come Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

I think if you try them early enough they won't shock you with their taste. I tried a Te-Amo once because I was experimenting with trying about anything and everything. I went into it very open minded. I could not get past the taste though. Earthy to the max. I think I held on for a solid inch before I just couldn't take any more. Just turned outto be not my cup of tea. If you haven't tried one you've gotta go for it though, make your own decision there. After the Te-Amo I lost all desire to try any more Mexican sticks... (this could change though any time cause I'm just the curious type)... :)

dont the DR Partagas use Mexican filler?

I think the Partagas uses a mexican binder, rather than filler.

I like the Partagas flavor, and I have wondered if it was due to the mexican leaf, so I've been looking to try some mexican sticks, too. Besides Te-Amo, I know there is Tabamex, as well.

Tabamex..

Actually they were not that bad for how inexpensive they are.....interesting cigar. You can find them on Famous.

-t2

I haven't tried any Mexican sticks yet though I always mean too. I guess I just haven't made my way into that part of the world yet. Haven't heard too many outstanding things about them though.

Back