Of the Opus X

Skills

Newbie in the jungle
Lately there has been alot of negitive chatter about the latest Fuente Opus X, on how bad they have been. Okay, you are entitled to your opinions, but 90% of us who have tried them, still say they are a very good smoke. Remember everyone has different taste and sometimes the sticks have a slightly different flavor. BTW, I am a very big fuente fan, so there might be a little bias on this. I still say to each his own. Correction needed....90% of the people that I have talked to that have smoke the latest shipment agree that they are still a very good smoke.

Last edited:
Good point and I agree. For what it's worth, made up statistics don't help any argument, leave them out.

I have to admit, I am not a Fuente whore in any way, but I love an Opus #2. I have not tried the latest batch, but I will let you know what I think in a few years.:tu

Lately there has been alot of negitive chatter about the latest Fuente Opus X, on how bad they have been. Okay, you are entitled to your opinions, but 90% of us who have tried them, still say they are a very good smoke. Remember everyone has different taste and sometimes the sticks have a slightly different flavor. BTW, I am a very big fuente fan, so there might be a little bias on this. I still say to each his own.

So it's OK for the people who like them to post, but the people who don't should keep it to themselves? That doesn't seem like entitling everyone to their opinion to me. :2

That not true....86% of made up statistics help 57% of the arguments 72% of the time.

My favorite statistics quote:
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. ~Aaron Levenstein[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. ~Aaron Levenstein[/FONT]

I like it. :tu

I haven't seen much about the latest Opus being bad, just the normal chatter about how they are overrated.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't really even a statistic or an attempt at one, but instead just another way of saying "most".

If "90% of (us) who have tried them think they are good", why get worked up over what the other 10% say? :confused:

The only negative thing I've heard about the most recent shipments of Opus X came from my B&M.And that was Fuente was shipping in regular wood boxes not the really nice varnished ones they have been.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. ~Aaron Levenstein[/FONT]

This point is meaningless without puictures..... Hot pictures.:D

The only negative thing I've heard about the most recent shipments of Opus X came from my B&M.And that was Fuente was shipping in regular wood boxes not the really nice varnished ones they have been.

i would view that as a good thing. the re-fill boxes are generally 50 of each kind (depends on size). the larger dealers tend to get the "not for display boxes".

i like them, who cares about the packaging as long as whats in it is good

IMG00062.jpg

Back