Blazer PB-207cr

catfishm2

Sneaky Bombin Bastage
When txmatt talks about a product I tend to listen. The man has an uncanny ability to find a good product at a reasonable price. So it was on his recommendation that I bought the PB-207. I've had lighters by Solo, Nibo, Colibri, and countless others and none have performed the way that I wanted them to. Either they quit working after a short time or I had to refill them after just a couple of cigars.

I received the lighter in the mail the day I left to go to Frank's and Anita's house for the Louisville herf. So I just threw it in my bag as I headed out the door. The one I got does have the child resistant lock. It's black with the bottom third of the fuel tank clear for viewing the fuel level; just like the picture below. After filling it and taking 5 minutes to figure out how it worked(see child resistant part) we finally got to try it out.

Blazer says it has a 2500° flame. I'll take their word on that one. It has the cap attached to the body with a chain to prevent lose and a switch on the side to lock the flame on continuously if the need should arise. I'll admit that when I first saw the lighter I thought it was kind of ugly, but after seeing it in person it isn't so bad. It measures about 3 inches tall. The thing just looks as if it's industrial quality.

The real test was in the performance. We used it Friday night before leaving, all day on the trip to Louisville, continuously at the herf, and all the way back home. That's not counting the times just spent playing with it and passing it around for people to look at. I've used it countless times since I've been home also. By my calculations we're well into the third box of cigars and the fuel level still hasn't dropped into the bottom third viewing level. As far as longevity, well that remains to be seen, but I'm betting it will stand the test of time.

From the performance so far and for a lighter under $30, I give this two big thumbs up. I may have finally found the lighter I've been searching for. I highly recommend it to anyone.

catfishm2 said:
When txmatt talks about a product I tend to listen. The man has an uncanny ability to find a good product at a reasonable price. So it was on his recommendation that I bought the PB-207. I've had lighters by Solo, Nibo, Colibri, and countless others and none have performed the way that I wanted them to. Either they quit working after a short time or I had to refill them after just a couple of cigars.

I received the lighter in the mail the day I left to go to Frank's and Anita's house for the Louisville herf. So I just threw it in my bag as I headed out the door. The one I got does have the child resistant lock. It's black with the bottom third of the fuel tank clear for viewing the fuel level; just like the picture below. After filling it and taking 5 minutes to figure out how it worked(see child resistant part) we finally got to try it out.

Blazer says it has a 2500° flame. I'll take their word on that one. It has the cap attached to the body with a chain to prevent lose and a switch on the side to lock the flame on continuously if the need should arise. I'll admit that when I first saw the lighter I thought it was kind of ugly, but after seeing it in person it isn't so bad. It measures about 3 inches tall. The thing just looks as if it's industrial quality.

The real test was in the performance. We used it Friday night before leaving, all day on the trip to Louisville, continuously at the herf, and all the way back home. That's not counting the times just spent playing with it and passing it around for people to look at. I've used it countless times since I've been home also. By my calculations we're well into the third box of cigars and the fuel level still hasn't dropped into the bottom third viewing level. As far as longevity, well that remains to be seen, but I'm betting it will stand the test of time.

From the performance so far and for a lighter under $30, I give this two big thumbs up. I may have finally found the lighter I've been searching for. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Best torch lighter on the market - no doubt - no discussion - how did that show go - "No Brag - Just Fact"

Nice review. Two thumbs up for the Blazer. An excelent herfing torch, it just works. It works in the heat, in the cold and even with newbies crushing their ashes into the jets.

Doc

After looking at yours at the L-V herf, I got a couple for me and Ian (drevim). I got it from NextCigar.com like Matt had recommended. IT IS FANTASTIC! It still has the same cold weather performance as other butane lighters, but other than that it performs flawlessly. The one I got doesn't have the child resistant feature on it. It also says Prince pocket torch. They look identical (and it seems to perform the same), so I'm guessing it is the same lighter just for the overseas market. I have a lighter obsession too, but this one is my "go-to".
Thanks to you Mark, and Matt for sharing your input on this great product!

Jeff

So I'm guessing you like it pretty good there Fish Head?

Nice review brother and boy does that thing perform.

I love this lighter!! Can't say enough good things. Fuel lasts a very long time even smoking 1-2 a day. I only refill about once a month. I think it would be a great thing for two guys to split this deal.. last time I ordered they let you order 1 individually.

Last edited:
Blazer makes great lighters and I would not doubt that this lighter is different. Blazers have big ole fuel tanks and typically don't need to be refilled that often. Even if you do have to refill it, so what.........after a long battle with Colibris I just want a lighter that works!

ATL

Great review, Mark. I'm not a lighter collector like some people, so the ones I get I want to work. I couldn't be happier with this lighter.

It is a great split for 2 people, and I think we (Puff and I) got them from HK, in 3 or 4 days.

Best $27 lighter I've seen.

The lighter is Prince some places, Blazer others; never tried to figure out what the difference was. This lighter was the Original torch lighter for cigar smokers as far as I can tell.

WAAAAAY back when, I dunno say 92? I bought my first Blazer torch for $60. A very good friend of mine talked me out of it in '99. I figured I would just get another but couldn't find them ANYWHERE for a long time afterwards. I bought a similar torch called "The Volcano" that was also Japanese made and ugly, it worked almost as well but broke on me in '01. I tried the Prometheus knockoff of the Blazer - not nearly as good. You see Chinese knockoffs in gas stations across the country; they are junk.

I have bought dozens of lighters, I am a sucker for a good looking lighter, but few have ever given the performance of the PB-207, and none have lasted as long.

I recently aquired a St. Dupont Xtend on eBay for $34, and I gotta say it performs as well as the Blazer, however it retails for the price of 4-5 of them, and I can't yet attest to its longevity.. So if you hate the looks of the PB-207, don't think of anything less than an Xtend if you want top performance. In my opinion you certainly won't find this kind of performance or reliability from Nibo, Prometheus, VectorKGM, or (especially) Colibri.

-Matt-

drevim said:
Great review, Mark. I'm not a lighter collector like some people, so the ones I get I want to work. I couldn't be happier with this lighter.

It is a great split for 2 people, and I think we (Puff and I) got them from HK, in 3 or 4 days.

Best $27 lighter I've seen.

Heartfelt has them - but the price has gone up to about $40.00 - I've given away a couple - but always try to keep a spare on hand - my first one lasted several years before I lost it - I would bet it's still working well for someone today. Absolutely the best cigar lighter out there and I think will last forever, unless you lose it - like dummy me - of course.

The prince is a cheap knock off of the Blazer and is crap. I bought 2 from Next Cigar and the Princes worked for a couple of months and then died.

I have 3 original Blazers and they all still work. Stay away from the Prince.

my blazer pb207 sucks, i have the original w/o the childproof lock. it may light after 4 clicks but the slightest hint of a breeze blow it out. i went out and purchased a blazer cg-001, now that one i love. i really wish that pb207 would work, anybody know of a place to send these to get repaired?

The Master said:
The prince is a cheap knock off of the Blazer and is crap. I bought 2 from Next Cigar and the Princes worked for a couple of months and then died.

I have 3 original Blazers and they all still work. Stay away from the Prince.

"The Master": do yourself a favor and be sure of your facts before you go making statements like that. Check out http://www.blazerproducts.com/LighterProducts/ and notice all the Prince lighter products.

In some countries the PB-207 is branded "Prince" whereas in other countries it is branded "Blazer". In both cases it is a model PB-207. Since you clearly don't get what the letters "PB" stand for in the model number; Prince Blazer. Same lighter, same plant, same assembly line, a different sticker on one spot..

-Matt-

Last edited:
rutkus said:
my blazer pb207 sucks, i have the original w/o the childproof lock. it may light after 4 clicks but the slightest hint of a breeze blow it out. i went out and purchased a blazer cg-001, now that one i love. i really wish that pb207 would work, anybody know of a place to send these to get repaired?

BLAZER PRODUCTS
WARRANTY & REPAIR FAQS

HOW LONG DOES WARRANTY COVERAGE LAST
One year from original date of purchase (Original proof of purchase required). Warranty coverage ends when a products becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.

HOW YOU CAN GET SERVICE
Should a problem arise with your Blazer unit(s) please send it (post prepaid) to the address below. Be sure to include:

* Original dated receipt as Proof of Purchase
* A note explaining the problem(s)
* Your complete contact information including a phone number where you can be reached
* Return the unit(s) to

BLAZER PRODUCTS INC.
88 ALLEN BLVD
FARMINGDALE, NY 11735
Attn: Service Dept.

Warranteed products will be repaired or replaced, at Blazer Products' discretion, and returned at no additional cost.

OUT OF WARRANTY SERVICE
For products past the one year warranty date please follow the return directions above and
* Include $24.95 per non-warranty product

Non-warranteed products will be repaired or replaced, at Blazer Products Inc's discretion.

txmatt said:
BLAZER PRODUCTS
WARRANTY & REPAIR FAQS

HOW LONG DOES WARRANTY COVERAGE LAST
One year from original date of purchase (Original proof of purchase required). Warranty coverage ends when a products becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.

HOW YOU CAN GET SERVICE
Should a problem arise with your Blazer unit(s) please send it (post prepaid) to the address below. Be sure to include:

* Original dated receipt as Proof of Purchase
* A note explaining the problem(s)
* Your complete contact information including a phone number where you can be reached
* Return the unit(s) to

BLAZER PRODUCTS INC.
88 ALLEN BLVD
FARMINGDALE, NY 11735
Attn: Service Dept.

Warranteed products will be repaired or replaced, at Blazer Products' discretion, and returned at no additional cost.

OUT OF WARRANTY SERVICE
For products past the one year warranty date please follow the return directions above and
* Include $24.95 per non-warranty product

Non-warranteed products will be repaired or replaced, at Blazer Products Inc's discretion.

cool, thanks.

I had a feeling you would have something to say about that Matt. You are the guru of the flame.

BTW..If it is a Prince PB-207 (like mine) does Blazer honor the warranty, or does it have to be shipped overseas? Just curious...I'm hoping to never have to use it but it's good to know.

Back